Mark Weiser in the press
Mark in the Press
From time to time you can find out what the press thinks Mark thinks.
Here a few sightings. A more complete list is in Mark's CV
- Byte Magazine special 20 year edition, September 1995.
- Discover Magazine, September 1995. "Reinventing the PC", by Fred Guterl, section on Information Overload. Sample quote: "People ask how many channels there will be -- 500, 5,000? I think there will be 5 billion."
- Wall Street Journal, June 19, 1995. Special section on Computing in the Home. p. 12, quotes Weiser about the future.
- Computer Chronicles, week of May 2 - May 9, 1995. Interviews with the two Marks (Weiser and Manasse), and clips of Severe Tire Damage.
- Press comments on Severe Tire Damage opening on the MBone for the Rolling Stones.
- Swedish Royal Academy of Engineering press release on Information Technology. (Mark was a keynote speaker at 75th anniversary).
- Panel on the Information Superhighway, with Andy Grove, Paul Saffo, Harry Saal, and Mark Weiser. Palo Alto Weekly, October 5, 1994.
- "The Chips Are Coming". Smithsonian Magazine, September 1994. (calls Mark a teddy
bear; mentions Severe Tire Damage.)
- "A future world awash in computers" (interview). Christian Science Monitor; June
1, 1994; p. 15.
- "Hot Chips". Australian ABC TV. (Includes Mark and daughter Corinne using computer
at home.) May 17, 1994.
- "First one-handed computer." KPIX TV News (interview), April 28, 1994.
- "PARC". Trigger; April 4, 1994; V13N4, pp. 90-102.
- "The power to invent the future." London Financial Times, March 24, 1994. (3 pp.)
- "PARC is back". WIRED; February 1994; pp. 91-95.
- "Xerox PARC". Nikkei Electronics; November 22, 1993; pp. 115-124.
- Some others in 93-94: Science, SVM (France), Infoworld, NBC News, Fortune, San Diego
Union Tribune, Scientific American, Newsweek, Harpers, IEEE, Working Woman, Newsweek,
- "Innovation: The Future Is Now" PBS TV, January 7, 1996. 8 of 57 minutes on Xerox PARC, 6 minutes on ubiquitous computing.
Some longer press quotes.
Mark Weiser / March, 1996